What is a concrete pool?
A concrete pool is actually made of gunite that uses a rebar framework that is sprayed over with a concrete and sand mixture.
The method is preferable over a traditional poured concrete pool that requires a wooden framework to hold the shape of the basin.
gunite is exceedingly durable, so swimming pools made of this substance are built to last.
Both “gunite” and “shotcrete” are concrete. The only difference is the water ration involved and how it is applied. Both use less water than form-set concrete and are applied using a pressurized spray.
• Fully customizable size and shape
• Can be more artistic
• Ideal for commercial applications
• Perfect for high-end applications
• Non-slip surfaces
• Virtually unlimited shapes and options
• Plaster needs replacing about every 15–25 years
• Requires more chemicals per year to operate
• More maintenance and brushing
• More prone to algae growth
• Longer install times, but worth the wait!
• Higher initial cost than vinyl or fiberglass
• Can be more abrasive to skin